Altra Industrial Motion Sr. Global Product Manager in Wichita Falls, Texas
The Global Product Manager will have the lead role in identifying both new customers and new products that support and complement the Wichita Falls family of products. This position will be responsible for delivering to the senior management team proposals that will not only enhance our product offering but will also bring additional revenue and long term customer relationships. As a senior level representative of Altra Wichita Falls you are the engineering expert representing our products at various events and intercompany projects and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute the current initiatives for growth and further develop the product strategy to generate meaningful profitable growth for the site.
- Deliver sustainable profitable growth that:
- Expands existing customers and markets
- Develops new adjacent customers and markets
- Supports migration into new unexploited markets
- Optimizes 'through life' support opportunities in Aftermarket
- Identify how to take advantage from market opportunities technology trends and competitor strategies, including business opportunities for the Altra group product range.
- Reduce business cyclicality to broadening the market/customer/geographic base
- Use the theory and practice of Lean across the business.
2 Product management
- Manage the product line team in the product group to deliver the growth strategy.
- Develop and deploy best practice in product line processes
- Provide product line definition designed from an intimate knowledge of customer and end-market demands
- Manage the budgets to protect and enhance gross margin
- Manage the position of product line in the market ( e.g. competitor analysis, feedback from academia, institutes)
- Create an integrated view of the VOC for the product line
- Ensure that the best product and ideally the most complete offering is provided
- Build external partnerships to evaluate opportunities (e.g. licensing)
3 Customer care
- Where applicable, push towards a solutions-based approach to the customer
- Identify those customers we seek to enter into partnership with
- Focus on providing a complete offering for the customer, covering service, quality and delivery but also new product development and advanced engineering opportunities
- Provide the strategy for product pricing and gross margin management for the sales/marketing and operations team to deploy
5 *_Product Marketing___*
- Align product line with the product marketing and brand strategy
6 Make V Buy
- Help the sourcing team to decide on sourcing of products and services from within the Division or outside.
7 People management
- Uphold the Altra policies of HR
- Create a geographical structure and talent base to develop product portfolio
- Provide development for the team, including specific learning and development programs and talent identification supported by personal development plans
8 Budget management
- Prepare a budget for approval of the product line
- Manage costs to the budget, identifying exceptions in advance and avoiding surprises
- Adhere to the authorization requirements outlined in The Management Rules
9 Safety and Environment
- Ensure all Environmental and Health and Safety requirements are met in our products, processes, materials and impact on the environment.
- Define, where necessary, and continuously improve the product management processes
*SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:*
- Detailed knowledge of all product applications
- 10 years of hands on Product Design or Application
- 5 years Sales Engineering
- In-depth Customer knowledge
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Engineering
- 15 years of overall industry experience
- 10 years working directly with customers
- Understanding of the dealer network and their role as a representative of the O.E.M.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Job Type: Engineering, Marketing
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 4/12/2018